Redeem Mutilated Currency

Did you know that if you lawfully hold mutilated currency, you can redeem those notes at full value?  You can do that by contacting the Dept. of Treasury's Bureau of Engraving and Printing. Several conditions have to be met - e.g., at least 50% of an identifiable note must be present - but the Bureau handles approximately 30,000 cases per year and redeems approximately $30million per year in this program. For more information, see

No comments: