Computer Performance Comparison

Here are the Windows Experience Index scores for various computers that I use or have used recently.

HMPC  
HMLT  
WKTL
  HMPC (v2)
   WK (v2)
Processor
5.2
5.1
6.0
5.3
7.1
Memory
5.6
4.7
6.0
7.1
5.9
Graphics (Aero)
4.4
3.5
3.9
6.6
4.7
Graphics (Gaming)   
4.2
3.5
5.2
6.6
6.1
Disk
5.9
5.9
5.7
5.9
7.9

My updated work machine as an i7 processor in it so I'm not surprised it leads the pack in processor performance. Similarly, it also has a solid-state drive (SSD) so not surprised it does so well in disk performance.

I'm also not surprised that my updated home machine does well in graphics since it was running two graphics cards in SLI mode.

One thing that is surprising is the memory performance of my new laptop. Slower than my updated home PC and even just a sliver slower than my "old" thin and light laptop.  Mmmm, that is disconcerting.  Still, it stomps on my old work laptop in other regards and also compared to my current home laptop.