XBox Live Gamer Tags in Your Blog Pages

If you have an Xbox and use XBox Live, you are probably familiar with gamer tags which display your XBox Live user name, your gamer score and some icons about the games you have recently played. You can see these pages about yourself and other gamers thru XBox Live on you XBox 360 console.

What you may not know is that this information can be embedded in your webpages, blogs, etc. Here is an example:

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/XBOX-LIVE-NAME-HERE.card" frameborder="0" width="204" scrolling="no" height="140">

So, for example, my gamer tag is "BrianLawler". The code to show my gamer tag info on my blog would be:

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/brianlawler.card" frameborder="0" width="204" scrolling="no" height="140">

Here is what that looks like:

This shows:

  • my rep is a mid-range 3 1/4 stars since I rarely play multiplayer/on-line
  • I've earned a pathetic 570 gamer point - hardly the 1000s others have earned
  • and the games I've been playing lately are Valve's Orange Box (mostly Portal), Bejeweled, Dance Dance Revolution, Command & Conquer 3, and Call of Duty 4.

No comments: